Various kurdish sources are reporting about an agreement between the United States and the kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG). This agreement reportedly includes military aspects and also details about the life and future of Rojava/Northern Syria. The main points of the agreement between the US and the YPG are:
- The US and YPG are partners and allies in the fight against terrorism in the region
- The US will support the YPG with military equipment
- The US will support the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to build a fully operative army for Rojava
- The YPG will ensure to remain in the SDF and to remain a permanent partner in the fight against terrorism
- The YPG will ensure to prevent attacks towards neighbouring countries from Rojava
- The YPG will ensure the security of US Military personnel and US Bases in Rojava
The agreement is valid after 15th July 2017.